Prompt service is a core competency of our debt collection business. We have the resources to act upon your instructions on the same day as they are received, be it to send a letter of demand, make a telephone demand or issue Court proceedings for commercial litigation. We see this commitment as beneficial and essential to a flourishing business relationship.
Chasing bad debt can be an uncomfortable task. PCS make this process easy as our mercantile agents are specialists in the field. We differ from other collection agencies in the following ways.
- A choice of joining or no joining fees
- No lock in contracts
- Each client is allocated their own personal account manager who will issue weekly or monthly reports on outstanding bad debts, a service that is rarely encountered in the debt collection industry. Dependent upon volume of referrals, we may also offer a team of operators, solely to accommodate your needs. This level of service has given PCS the edge in the debt collection field.
- We are proactive rather than reactive
- We are assertive rather than aggressive
- We offer a flat commission or sliding commission rate on debt collected. (Refer to Authority to Act form).
- How much does it cost your business using a solicitor to send letters demanding payments, $100 to $300 per letter? This is inclusive in our debt recovery stage on our performance based model.
- To locate debtors, our mercantile agents utilize our extensive paid database and external agencies.
- If the debtor cannot be located or refuses to pay, we conduct a free feasibility study on your behalf and advise you on legal action and commercial litigation.
- If commercial litigation goes ahead, PCS uses the services of MSB Lawyers. Speed is essential in debt collection, and the turn around time for legal files is a key ingredient to the success of your debt recovery.
- Professional Collection Services work from your instructions. Any submissions from the debtor for payments or payment plans are discussed with you before an agreement is made.
We have our own solicitors who specialize in bad debt recovery matters; we quote fixed prices for legal matters such as Statement of Liquidated Claims, Default Judgments, Oral Examinations, Warrant of Apprehensions and Bankruptcy Notices and Winding up Applications.
PCS services all industries. We have million dollar debt ledgers from banks and finance companies to small accounts from video stores. The success of our business depends on us collecting the debt.
Technology and Reporting
PCS has the Technology to:
- Satisfy all of your debt collection reporting requirements
- Give you “online” access to the progress of your debt collection matters
- Accurately monitor payments due
- Record and disburse payments received
From the outset you and your account manager can strategise a system of reporting that is suited to the volume of your debtors and the processes within your organization. You may require weekly, fortnightly or monthly online reports detailing information and statistics such as:
- Name of debtor and reference
- Amount owing
- Amount recovered
- Costs incurred
- Total of matter, debt, recoveries and costs
Collection and Disbursement of Payments
We give debtors a variety of opportunities to make payment/s that are owed to you. Options for payment of debts include:
- Cash, Cheque or Money Order
- Credit Card
- Electronic Funds Transfer
We also offer a firm commitment to refer payments to you faster. Our debt collection statements are produced twice per month rather than the usual monthly arrangement giving you prompt access to your recovered funds.
The PCS accounting system automatically withdraws any commission or other charges directly from the recovered monies enabling net payment to be sent to you with a tax invoice for the agreed commission taken.